Responsible for setting goals, accountable for achieving results. The Account Director will set the tone for each account and team member. A consummate thought leader and a valuable resource to clients and to Planit’s internal team. An effective relationship builder and catalyst for driving sustainable growth. A stakeholder in account P&L.
- Competently and confidently orchestrate agency resources across multiple accounts, while in consideration of potential competing requirements from other departments, accounts.
- Stewardship of the ‘big idea’ (challenging, as appropriate, agency and client).
- Partner with GAD in setting individual team member career goals and fostering growth opportunities for AS, AE, AAE.
- Intimately aware of, and consistently directing toward, revenue and profit goals on all accounts assigned to the group.
- Making and owning strategic recommendations to leadership for planned investments in respective accounts / project budgets.
- Accountable to overall P&L of assigned accounts.
- Fosters innovative solutions to contribute to individual account(s) and overall agency profitability.
- Focus on managing the client-agency relationship, with emphasis on serving as a marketing/business consultant.
- Intimately familiar with industry trends, challenges and opportunities and how they translate toward opportunity or threat to clients.
- Supports GAD with quarterly and annual account plans.
- Executes, leads by example, quality standards set by GAD for the team and enforces adherence.
- Maintains client satisfaction and manages expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time, and on budget (a responsibility for all account management team).
- Identify resource allocations for assignment
- Shares work with appropriate disciplines and teams
- Briefs creative services and strategic services team members on all relevant information
- Independently presents recommendations, analysis, SOW’s/Proposals to client.
- Leads initial project kickoffs with senior members of Planit’s internal teams for new clients, new strategic initiatives and new integrated campaigns.
- Identify and cultivate relevant up-sell opportunities to client
- Helps to facilitate hiring, managing, developing, and promoting team members
- Effective and efficient management of workload across account team and with awareness, consideration for impact across departments
- Participates in weekly departmental staff meetings
- Oversight and approving of AS in developing / revising SOW’s across departments.
- Keeps department head and senior leadership team apprised of client work status and overall team dynamics/health
- Responsible for onboarding of new team members (delegating as appropriate)
- Industry experienced with 9+ years of experience within an advertising agency setting
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster positive relationships and build consensus
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Team builder
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.