The Account Supervisor is responsible for fostering and growing positive relationships with his/her assigned portfolio of clients. Viewed as the “go-to” point of contact for client; capable of being both advisor and liaison between client and agency teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions that align with client expectations and agency goals.
- Serves as the day-to-day contact for assigned accounts and projects
- Consistently works to build trust and rapport with key client stakeholders.
- Delivering an overall net-positive P&L by account.
- Demonstrates sound judgement in prioritizing client needs and determining the agency resources required to meet them effectively.
- Securing and communicating all critical information for agency teams to successfully execute projects.
- Understands and adheres to internal and external processes.
- Effectively works with Planit’s internal teams to determine appropriate budget allocations based on client/campaign budgets and goals.
- Is intimately familiar with the client’s organizational structure, product(s), goals, market conditions, and competitors.
- Works with Account Director to set goals and foster growth opportunities for AE’s and AAE’s.
- Enforces adherence to quality standards for the team as set forth by senior leadership.
- Builds consensus and rapport with client and Planit’s internal teams.
- Facilitates project and campaign kickoffs to relevant members of Planit’s internal teams on behalf of existing clients
- Accountable to development and progress of client KPI’s
- Oversees the management and execution of campaign/tactical plans to ensure adherence to strategy, budget and KPI’s
- Ownership of client billing process [ensures timely client invoice approval/payment, informs AD/agency leadership of billing discrepancies and potential concerns]
- Presents recommendations and/or work to clients in partnership with senior leaders and/or interdisciplinary colleagues to obtain client buy-in
- Prepares and/or reviews (as account staffing requires) proposals, SOW’s, conference reports and status reports prior to client review
- Keeps account director informed of client and team developments with regular status updates
- Hosts interdepartmental project kickoffs with appropriate team members
- Clearly communicates defined goals, budgets and deliverables to client and internal teams
- Obtains client approval of project briefs
- Reviews deliverables before presentation to client
- Helps to facilitate hiring, managing, developing, and promoting junior team members
- Leads weekly departmental staff meetings
- Fosters productive, positive working relationships within Planit’s internal teams, providing constructive feedback as necessary
- Consistently works to improve efficiency and project profitability
- Delegates assignments to junior team members and effectively oversees SAE and AE workload and performance
- Attends interdepartmental briefings
- Has reached account executive level or above with 6+ years of related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal team relationships
- Solid presentation skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team builder
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
- Minimal domestic travel
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.