Planit’s HR Generalist reports to the HR Director and is part of the agency operations team. Our team supports Planit employees: a brilliant team of creative professionals! This role manages key established processes including staffing, benefits, payroll and other HR operations and also acts as a champion for employee engagement through the implementation of creative programs and events.
We’re seeking a team player who can creatively problem solve!
- Provides full staffing process support
- Onboards new hires
- HR administration & documentation
- Champions employee engagement & takes a lead role in our Culture Committee including leading events
- Benefits & payroll administration
- Coordinates employee training
- Coordinates for Planit’s Mentorship and Internship Programs
- Coordinates, writes for & distributes our monthly Planit Pulse
- Champions policies and protocol utilizing a customer-forward approach
- Participates on the Coronavirus core team and assists with return plans
- Staffing: supports hiring managers and HR Director in all screening and scheduling, including implementation of our pre employment assessment tools.
- Onboarding: implements established protocol and works with staff and leaders to develop an engaging new program
- Administers benefits by engaging in 1:1 enrollment meetings with staff, assists staff with questions, monitors changes, reviews changes for accuracy. Manages related payroll support
- Maintains all company HR documentation: Personnel file documents, PTO reporting, calendars, etc.
- Coordinates Lunch ‘n Learns and other employee training
- Culture Committee Culture Committee Co-Chair: regularly meets with team to source input and feedback, manages subcommittees, drives events including remote and (eventually) in person, develops meeting agendas, proposes and manages to budgets,
- Manages events such as agency meetings, breakfasts, wellness activities, company outings and Planit’s Day of Service
- Participates in the creation of the editorial calendar for our employee newsletter Planit Pulse; solicits contributions, writes, prepares for review and distributes
- Drafts and issues office communications as needed
- Makes sound thorough recommendations for policies based on logic, engagement & exit feedback
- Ad hoc reporting and employee surveys
- Maintains established budgets while providing pricing and purchasing support
- In-Office responsibilities:
- Collects and maintains all office documentation: emergency lists, contacts, parking, etc.
- Owns and trains others on office protocol
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in an HR-related role, including forward facing employee support
- Bachelors degree or equivalent additional experience required
- Experience in at least one of the following: onboarding, payroll or benefits
- Knowledge of employee engagement programs
- Professional maturity: maintains confidentiality and is comfortable with some ambiguity
- Google suite proficiency
- Team player who can creatively problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking and stress management skills
- Demonstrates both flexibility and attention to detail
- Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff, regulatory agencies or members of the community
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- PC proficient with Google or MS Suite experience
- Able to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience owning projects to meet established deadlines
- Able to negotiate effectively with vendors while maintaining positive relationships
- Must be able to work established office hours upon return to office (TBD)
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.