As Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for Planit, ensuring an impeccable welcome for guests and internal customers, a functional office, and executing all office management to the highest quality standards. The role offers project and administrative support across the organization. Coordinates front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. Performs duties for Operations team including data entry, tracking, and ownership of assigned projects. Responsible for all aspects of Office Management and initiative and ownership of activities. Must respond effectively to emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Requires a combination of both flexibility and attention to detail.
- Manages the office to maintain Planit’s professional image
- Supervises the maintenance, alteration, and housekeeping of office areas
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment and maintains levels of supplies and other necessities
- Provides any arrangements for office or client meetings, communicating and providing employee tools & resources.
- Aids in the coordination of overall administrative activities for the Operations department, which includes HR, Technology & Finance.
- Owns office catering, food orders, and deliveries
- Supports COVID-19 entry form and tracking with Director of Building Operations & Technology
- Follows and upholds front desk security and safety procedures
- Project and administrative support as required
- Ensures effective telephone and mail communication, both internally and externally
- Acts as the main contact for building vendors for any scheduled maintenance
- Serves as the initial point of contact for notification of any building maintenance issues. Tracks issues to resolution and treats with appropriate sense of urgency
- Manages inventory needs for office supplies (includes lobby beverages) including ordering, receiving and restocking of supplies
- Maintains office equipment copiers, water cooler, ice machines, etc.
- Maintain conference room AV so rooms are ready every morning and throughout the day
- Manages budget for office supplies
- Manages food order placement within budgetary guidelines
- Communicates with employees on general office notifications
- Ensures breakout rooms, kitchen, supply closets, etc. are neat and orderly on a daily basis. Manages parking communication with staff and building management and collects and distributes all required documents
- Trains and coordinates backup coverage for any planned absences.
- Manages onsite deliveries as needed, which may include catering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service – 1-year experience required
- Office Receptionist – 1-year experience required
- Effective telephone and email communication, both internally and externally
- High school diploma or GED
- Well developed interpersonal skills and great telephone etiquette
- Professional appearance and manner
- Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with documents, spreadsheets and email (we use Google Suite)
- Onsite office hours M-F 8:30 am-5:00 pm (not a remote position)
- Ability to uphold confidentiality, security and safety protocol, including IT security (training provided)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; at times repeatedly in a week during video shoots at a variety of work locations. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.