Planit, one of Baltimore’s largest and most innovative ad agencies, is looking for a highly passionate and entrepreneurial account management professional.
Our philosophy is that smart agencies cultivate and nurture client services beyond the tactical implementation of projects and campaigns. We believe that true cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and referrals for new business come from consistently happy clients who are educated, challenged, and always assured that their needs, expectations, and success are top of mind with their agency.
Responsible for overall management of projects to an assigned account. Tactically driven, strategically aware. Attentive to details. Always in preparation mode to support projects and team mates be more effective and efficient. Strong internal communicator.
- Understands the internal and external processes for project execution
- Develops project estimates/budgets through interdepartmental communication.
- Ownership of completing projects on budget, on time; Or as otherwise directed by senior account team
- Manages the day-to-day workflow of client projects
- Confirms work is tactically correct and delivered on assignment
- Team knowledgeable-leader of the clients’ product(s), competition, and general industry news
- Supports senior leadership within team
- Manages junior members of the team
- Builds relationships at appropriate client/vendor levels
- Provides the day-to-day voice of the agency team
- Respectfully tactful when engaging with colleagues on challenging assignments
- Hunt, gather and disseminate all respective news and developments that may impact respective clients on day to day basis.
- Confidently presents tactical work to client with creative, strategy, and account leaders to obtain comments/secure approval
- Contribute to, and at times independently develop proposals, process flows, and vendor recommendations
- Contribute to, and at times independently create and obtain approval of project briefs
- Develops and maintains status reports
- Keeps account director/account supervisor informed with regular progress updates
- Ensures initial copy and designs meet all brand requirements
- Reviews appropriate work in progress before presentation to client
- Recaps client comments to internal partners through conference reports
- Ensures revisions address client comments
- Helps to manage workload of junior team members
- Contribute to, and at times independently brief creative, media, strategy, and production teams on a regular basis
- Participates in weekly departmental staff meetings
- Attends interdepartmental briefings on a regular basis
- 2+ years of experience within an advertising agency or comparable experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal team relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.