Planit is looking for a multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial designer to join our creative team. To be considered, you must have 3+ years of experience and a really kick-ass portfolio. We are looking for a designer (primarily digital experience) with a clean, sharp approach who pays close attention to detail, designs on-brand, and works individually or as part of a team to achieve the highest quality work. You will be responsible for design, layout, and production of a broad set of marketing materials. Your portfolio must show experience in a wide array of print design projects (brochures, logos, marks, brand identity, packaging, etc., etc.). We want someone with real vision and talent. Sound like you? Let us see your work.
- Exhibits a passion for strategic problem solving and utilizes a deep understanding of social media, search, web design, iPad, WAP, and usability to conceive and execute content platforms
- Represents Planit’s culture and standards to all levels and disciplines within the department and company-wide
- Plays a key role on our digital creative team and actively participates in the conception and execution of our industry-leading interactive marketing programs
- Collaborates with a team and develops and manages creative to produce and deliver pixel-perfect files
- Optimizes assets and manage the transition from design to development
- Works with Art Directors to conceptualize and execute designs that are as effective as they are creative
- Conceptualizes, designs, and executes graphic imagery for direct mail as well as collateral, including brochures, sales presentations, invitations, signage, ads, and premiums
- Researches, devises, and develops concepts based on the strategic design brief
- Creatively solves problems while bringing fresh ideas and a new perspective
- Disrupts respectfully and responsibly
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Although many are outlined above, this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Additional activities/duties can and will arise, often unexpectedly, and will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- 3 years+ experience creating visual design for websites and web applications.
- Demonstrable talent for and a commitment to design excellence
- Fluent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience being part of a collaborative design environment and a desire to work as part of a team
- Understanding of and experience with user-centered design methodologies and practices, in particular the role of design in creating usable and effective web interfaces
- Strong interactive design, motion graphic, and cinematic animation skills
- Strong information design skills with experience in data visualization (experience creating information graphics a plus)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to present and support creative concepts in a professional and engaging manner
- Committed to constantly improving one’s skills and staying current of developments and trends in the industry, as well as sharing this knowledge with others
- Ambition to create breakthrough design that is second to none, while having respect for deadlines and promises made
- In-depth understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS, and the capabilities of web browsers.
- Exudes an upbeat attitude and self-motivation
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we offer:
- A 65-person full-service ad agency, with a sincere eye toward smart growth
- An energetic digital environment that keeps our minds sharp and our creative fresh
- An established team of professionals with a true passion for what we do
- Excellent benefits including Carefirst medical & dental, 401(k) match, hybrid work arrangements, free parking & more
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.