Sr. Art Director
Planit is looking for a Senior Art Director who influences changes in consumer behavior through ideas, creativity, and execution, making a difference in communications, marketing, and advertising while inspiring the best for our clients’ brands. Provides clear informed artistic direction at a high level, and provides timely and helpful feedback to improve creative executions and to keep pushing boundaries, while being respectful to budget and schedule. To be considered, you must have 7-10+ years of design experience and a really kick-ass portfolio. We want someone with real vision and talent. Sound like you? Let us see your work.
- Provides art direction while demonstrating compelling, creative storytelling
- Shares a talent for transforming great ideas into engaging creative that captures imaginations across the world
- Champions both ideas and design
- Brings exceptional creative thought and craft output, delivering projects from brief to consumer in partnership with the client, account teams, and wider creative teams
- Exhibits a relentless desire to originate and craft user-centered creative ideas and even stronger executions
- Keeps the larger campaign directive in focus and consistently delivers
- Holds high creative standards that require invention, imagination, originality and talent
- Coaches and mentors others; may supervise others
- Plays an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with senior members of the creative team to conceptualize transformational ideas that deliver successful, measurable solutions
- Advises client on all visual recommendations and/or issues
- Delivers work that exceeds client expectations while confirming that it meets all client objectives (business, fiscal, deadlines) and enhancing the reputation of the agency
- Develops and leads original concepts based on the objectives and parameters outlined in the creative brief (strategic, financial, timeline), ensuring creative integrity across platforms
- 7-10 years of design experience, preferably 5+ years in an Art Director role
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Additional experience may substitute for education.
- A robust background with experience in a creative leadership role at a digital agency environment
- Recognized expertise in the following: advertising, collateral, identity, or interactive design, film
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics
- Champion for ideas and responsibly disruptive
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs. Timelines, budgets, and availability change—we need someone who can ”roll with it”
- Able to clearly communicate ideas both verbally and visually
- An upbeat attitude and self-motivation
- Able to work efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
- Fast-moving, over-motivated, deadline-oriented multitasker
- Fluent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite
- Proven (and provable) expertise in Creative Cloud and other relevant/essential software
- Thought leadership: A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote concepts
- Ability to solve problems using keen instincts and organizational experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills internally and with clients
- Ability to travel domestically during the work week
- This role is hybrid, with occasional client or internal meetings onsite with advance notice — must be willing to reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
*Diverse portfolio must be submitted with your application. Show us what you got!