Planit is looking for a multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial senior-level designer to join our creative team. To be considered, you must have 3-5 years of experience and a really kick-ass portfolio. We are looking for a designer (primarily digital experience) with a clean, sharp approach who pays close attention to detail, designs on-brand, and works individually or as part of a team (leading at times) to achieve the highest quality work. You will be responsible for design, layout, and production of a broad set of marketing materials. Your portfolio* must show experience in a wide array of digital and print projects (websites, emails, social media, brand identity, conceptual, print collateral, packaging, etc.). We want someone with real vision and talent. Sound like you? Let us see your work.
- Concepts, designs, leads and managers the development of consumer-centric, on-brand designs for a wide array of clients
- Researches and develops conceptual ideas based on the strategic design brief
- Compellingly and strategically communicates design intent and impact.
- Prepares and presents conceptual ideas by designing rough layout of art and copy: size, style and related aesthetics
- Exhibits a passion for strategic problem solving and utilizes a deep understanding of social media, search, web design, iPad, WAP, and usability to conceive and execute content platforms
- Represents Planit’s culture and standards to all levels and disciplines within the department and company-wide
- Plays a key role on our digital creative team and actively participates in the conception and execution of our industry-leading interactive marketing programs
- Leads groups as needed on projects, and provides informal mentorship within the team; champions continuous learning
- Collaborates with a team and develops and manages creative to produce and deliver pixel-perfect files
- Optimizes assets and manage the transition from design to development
- Works with Art Directors to conceptualize and execute designs that are as effective as they are creative
- Conceptualizes, designs, and executes graphic imagery for direct mail as well as collateral, including brochures, sales presentations, invitations, signage, ads, and premiums
- Creatively solves problems while bringing fresh ideas and a new perspective
- Disrupts respectfully and responsibly
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Although many are outlined above, this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Additional activities/duties can and will arise, often unexpectedly, and will be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- 3-5 years experience creating visual design for digital and print projects
- Mature design aesthetic, sensibilities, and taste level, and ability to apply and adapt across multiple brands and project types, while having respect for deadlines and commitments
- Ability to transform creative briefs into great, consumer-centric ideas and executions across an array of media
- Strong visualization skills: hand sketching and digital wireframes
- Thorough comprehension of design systems and digital template, along with the process of finalizing perfect files
- Strong interactive design, motion graphic, and cinematic animation skills
- Strong information design skills with experience in data visualization (experience creating information graphics a plus)
- Understanding of and experience with user-centered design methodologies and practices, in particular the role of design in creating usable and effective web interfaces
- Expert skills on Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Presentation “super user”
- Mac and MS Office platform proficiency
- Ability to lead groups and excel independently
- Constant learner who is hungry to stay current on skills and industry trends, help others, and mentor more junior designers to elevate their skills
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and organizational skills: strategic, multi-tasker, respectful teammate
- In-depth understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS, and the capabilities of web browsers.
- Exudes an upbeat attitude and self-motivation
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
*Diverse portfolio must be submitted with your application. Show us what you got!