Planit is looking for a talented, tech-savvy Web Developer who thrives on creating stunning, innovative, and dynamic Websites, Emails, and HTML5 Banners. You’ll be collaborating closely with PMs and Designers to define, estimate, and produce creative following the latest industry best practices. We want you to join our award-winning interactive team, transforming concepts and designs into impactful, animated, responsive solutions that deliver exceptional user experiences.
- Champions high quality standards and industry best practices by proactively recommending ways to improve processes and deliverables
- Delivers work that exceeds internal and client standards on a consistent basis
- Serves as a resource for all things banners and emails by flagging potential issues
- Provides feedback to the creative team on file sizes and how they’re built
- Stays on top of current technology and trends
- Ensures adherence to standards and code reviews
- Estimates work efforts based on requirements and/or provided designs
- Reviews and tests deliverables to ensure consistent rendering across appropriate platforms by leveraging testing platforms such as EmailonAcid and BrowserStack
- Resolves bugs and rendering issues prior to providing deliverables for review
- Reviews designs for potential challenges or development limitations
- Collaborates with project managers, UX, designers, QA, and others to enhance user experience
- Works with Senior Developers to support website development efforts as needed
- Participates as an active team member of daily standups
- 1-3+ years of HTML5, CSS, and JS experience required
- Ability to build responsive emails and banners from scratch, must have examples ready
- PHP and WordPress Experience preferred
- Understands Email Platform and Email Client requirements and limitations
- Experience with render testing platforms such as EmailonAcid, Litmus, BrowserStack, etc.
- Expert knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, including tablet and phone form-factors
- Experience with GSAP a plus
- Ability to build banners on top of main ad server tools such as Doubleclick, Sizmek, etc.
- Expertise with bug fixing rendering issues on Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
- Experience bug fixing banner rendering issues on different browsers and devices
- Ability to understand file size limitations, how to flag them, and how to optimize
- Preferred: experience working with publisher clicktags & ad server code
- Google Doubleclick certification a plus
- Competency working/deploying projects with a source control tool; GIT preferred
- A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion with a keen eye for design aesthetics
- Ability to elevate designs into engaging digital experiences
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual project launch
- Ability to recognize and quickly communicate project risks both to the timeline and quality of final deliverable
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Must be able to balance time, scope, cost, and quality while knowing when to experiment with new technology when choosing the right tool to meet business needs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJCT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.