- Building WordPress sites, themes, custom blocks, and features according to the requirements and approved designs
- Concepting, planning, and building websites with our design team based on wireframes and design comps to ensure an optimal and consistent user experience.
- Ensuring adherence to standards, best practices, code reviews, etc.
- Cross-collaborating with teammates for skill development.
- Delivering work that exceeds internal and client standards on a consistent basis.
- Defining and maintaining project roadmaps to include planning for integration of new technology, ownership of code libraries, and backlog of technical tasks.
- Serving as a champion of quality standards while sharing a passion for current technology and new trends.
- Scoping, estimating, communicating, and tracking project progress with our project management team.
- Providing recommendations on how to solve client problems by leveraging technology and innovative, efficient technical solutions.
- Partnering with our strategy team to implement information architectures and analytics.
- Collaborating with clients, project managers, designers, QA, and others to enhance existing UI.
- Participating as an active team member of daily standups and other agile-focused efforts, including joining sprint planning meetings and estimating work effort on tasks assigned to the team.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5+ years of WordPress development experience, preferably on LAMP stack
- Experience working with theming and extending WordPress including understanding hooks, filters, and WordPress best practices
- Proven experience implementing responsive designs with semantic HTML and CSS best practices, preferably with SCSS/LESS
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements, development, and testing through actual project launch
- Expert knowledge of cross-browser compatibility and responsive development across all devices
- Experience with technologies such as JSON/JSONP, XML, CSV, YAML, etc.
- A thorough understanding of HTTP, cookies, caching, and optimization techniques
- Working/deploying projects with a source control tool; GIT preferred
- A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion with a keen eye for design aesthetics
- Ability to take designs and apply development expertise and creative problem solving to elevate into engaging digital experiences
- Ability to recognize and quickly communicate project risks both to the timeline and quality of final deliverables
- Excellent communicator, mentor, and team player—must exhibit the ‘no I in team’ attitude
- Other CMS/Framework experience (such as Drupal, Shopify, Magento, Laravel) is a plus
- HTML Emails / Banner Ads experience is a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJCT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.