Ready to cut your teeth this summer at Planit?
SUMMER 2022 INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
June 13 – Aug. 19, 2022
5 days per week. Remote (must be prepared for a hybrid model if COVID circumstances change*)
Applicants must include a resume and cover letter. Opportunities are PAID**!
Check back frequently; additional internship opportunities may become available in other departments!
Account Management Intern Responsibilities:
- Support individuals on the client-facing Account Management team with research, briefs, change orders, status reports and other tasks as needed
- Attend internal meetings (account management, traffic, strategy and creative brainstorming)
- Other administrative tasks (compiling notes from meetings, scheduling, etc.)
PR & Social Media Intern Responsibilities:
- Support individuals on the PR & Social Media team
- Attend internal and client zoom meetings (as needed) to take notes
- Conduct research; including media and social media audits
- Draft compelling press releases, media advisories, pitches, blog posts and social media posts
- Build media and influencer lists
- Monitor for media and influencer placements
- Send weekly email to the PR & Social Media team on trending news in client industries
- Assist in preparing monthly and/or quarterly PR and social media reports
- Become familiar with clients’ goals/objectives, competitors and industries
Design Intern Responsibilities:
- Engage in day-to-day agency responsibilities and processes
- Support and collaborate with individuals on the creative team, and attend internal meetings and brainstorms
- Research clients and adhere to relevant brand guidelines
- Contribute design work including, but not limited to, print, digital, and social while adhering to deadlines
- Working within design software
- Manage files, assist with collateral updates and version control, organize, convert, retouch, and populate content
- Receive feedback from the creative team and make necessary changes
REQUIRED, READ CAREFULLY:
- Must be a rising college senior (or Dec. 2021 or later graduate) working toward a degree in advertising, public relations, communications, journalism or a related field at a Maryland higher education institute
- If not attending a Maryland higher education institute, you must be a Maryland high school graduate attending school out-of-state, close enough to commute if required
- Availability to work: 5 x 7-hour days per week, June 13 – Aug. 19, 2022
- *Internships are remote at this time, but if COVID circumstances change, we may move to a hybrid experience (both remote and in-person); we require self-starters and exceptional communicators to ensure a successful experience.
- MUST SPECIFY which internship you seek in our application under “Why are you applying?” and your cover letter: 1) Account Management or 2) PR & Social Media
- To be considered for our PR & Social Media Internship, you must attach a writing sample: include in the same document as your cover letter under “Portfolio”.
- **Summer Internships are paid. However, if you seek an unpaid internship to align with your school, tuition funding, or for-credit work rules, you may still be considered. Clarify with your school up front, and if you seek an unpaid internship, include this info in the “Why are you applying?” section below.
Opportunities vary across spring, summer and fall sessions. Applications received via this posting will be considered for 2022 SUMMER internships only; posted only until filled, so apply ASAP to ensure consideration.