Digital Marketing Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Media & Analytics, the Digital Marketing Analyst will serve as the hub for all data collection and aggregation across Planit’s marketing channels, by leveraging our in-house reporting dashboard to build templated and custom reports for our clients. The Digital Marketing Analyst will review all points of data and apply analytical expertise to communicate across departments within the agency.
- Collaborates with brand and web strategy, media, creative, social media, PR, and account teams to provide integrated, cross-channel reporting solutions
- Design new and maintain existing reporting templates via custom reporting dashboard solutions
- With supervision from the Director of Media & Analytics and collaboration with media team, perform in-depth marketing funnel analysis to identify opportunities to optimize campaign performance based on KPIs
- Collect, review and aggregate data points, keeping in mind specific tracking parameters to ensure unified reporting
- Become proficient with Planit’s in-house analytics and research platforms/partners
- Research, stay up-to-date and inform Planit teams about leading analytics strategies, cross-channel reporting, research capabilities and new measurement tactics
- Work with media teams to understand media platform capabilities for efficiencies in tracking
- Monitor and track competitive trends, making recommendations when appropriate
- Proactively set up test and learn opportunities via campaign initiatives
- Identify new areas of measurement and work with Director of Media & Analytics to determine the best process and internal flow of information and client cost structure
- Develop media, social media, PR and web analytics reporting templates via custom dashboard tool
- Establish process and organization for campaign tracking via UTMs, data aggregation and collection
- Work with teams to provide audience research solutions leveraging in-house platforms like Resonate, MRI, Scarborough, Kantar and vendor provided services like Google Trends, AdWords, Quantcast, Moat, etc.
- Implement custom tag management solutions
- Leverage advanced knowledge of Google Analytics to track campaign KPIs
- Provide ongoing QA of dashboard reports, data streams, charts and analysis
- 3+ years experience building custom, integrated marketing dashboards
- Demonstrated success managing complex data sets; marketing experience preferred
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, event tracking
- Adding pixels such as AdWords, Google Analytics, Floodlights, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science or business strongly preferred Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Broad understanding of media channels, KPIs and measurement strategies
- Ability to surface insights from data and make solid recommendations to change campaigns and website
- Ability to flexibly manage complex processes in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mind with the ability to multitask and handle multiple campaigns
at a time
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster internal and external relationships
- Agency experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills desired. Candidate should be able to create and use pivot tables, use advanced functions including VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, Macros and VBA preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL, HTML, Tableau, Power BI, Marketing Automation, CRM, and Google applications a plus.
- Understanding of common media research and planning tools/software
- Strong presentation skills to foster client, vendor, and internal relationships
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.