Digital Media Specialist
With guidance from the Digital Media Supervisor, the Digital Media Specialist serves as a strategic media planner and buyer for all digital channels. These channels may include OTT, display, search and social and affiliate advertising. This person will own the strategic media process for select clients, which consists of developing, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and analyzing paid media campaigns.
- Work with digital media supervisor and media director to develop strategic ecommerce campaigns.
- Collaborates with traditional media, creative, social media, PR, and account teams to provide integrated, cross-channel media solutions
- In addition to standard digital media channels, this position is responsible for planning and negotiating advanced TV (OTT), digital audio campaigns, affiliate marketing, Amazon marketing, and other e-tail outlets, including all necessary management, tracking, and digital reporting
- Plan and execute digital media campaigns that may include display, search (Google & Bing), and paid social advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- With minimal direction from the Media Supervisor, Media Specialist researches, negotiates, and executes effective media plans that cost-effectively deliver on client goals, focused on ROAS, CLTV, and CAC
- Fosters positive relationships with media vendors by managing expectations through consistent communication, to drive strong negotiations and campaign performance
- Regularly monitors and tracks campaign performance and suggests optimizations as needed.
- Works with Analytics team to update dashboard and provide campaign analysis per client request
- Manages billing and reconciliation for their owned media channels, and trains new media associates on the billing process
- Stays current on media trends and shares new opportunities with appropriate teams
- Leverage internal and external research tools to pull audience, competitive, market, and channel insights during planning
- Creates strategic media presentations that showcase intuitive thinking and efficient media buying per client objectives and goals
- Proactively researches new media channels, tactics, approach to digital and traditional measurement, and competitive landscape
- Develops and maintains media flowcharts, digital campaign spreadsheets, billing authorizations, and production schedules/asset summaries
- Negotiates and contracts media buys, including added-value
- Organizes and maintains vendor contracts, audience and media research, historical documentation, and reports
- Works with client, creative, & account teams to issue creative assets to vendors & QA all tags and placements
- Works with vendors to ensure full delivery of ordered buys
- Reviews, approves, and processes media billing monthly
- Regularly reconciles budgets and performance, and promptly alerts account team of any issues
- Crafts well thought-out and researched POVs on client and agency opportunities
- Creates exposure for Planit by contributing to agency blog with contextual media expertise
- Provides performance insights and existing media optimizations based on analytics dashboard and/or ad hoc campaign analysis requests
- 2-4 years working with digital media channels (paid social, display, paid search, e-commerce)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Advanced understanding of media projects, ad specifications and vendor requirements, preparing presentations and RFPs
- Knowledge of digital media KPIs, management, and reporting (including ad servers)
- Understanding of common media research and planning tools/software
- Strong presentation skills to foster client, vendor, and internal relationships
- Able to flexibly manage complex processes in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mind with the ability to multitask and handle multiple campaigns at a time
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster internal and external relationships
- Agency experience
- Exposure to OTT & digital audio (Pandora, podcasts, etc).
- Exposure to tag management and advanced campaign tracking
- Experience with 3rd party data aggregators and reporting dashboards
Physical & Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.