Director Media & Analytics
As customer preferences and channel capabilities continue to evolve, the Director of Media and Analytics will develop and lead omni-channel “go to market” media specialists for Planit’s portfolio of clients. This role is not limited to just maintaining media vendor relationships, but instead requires a vast understanding of all marketing vehicles, and the power of incorporating touch-point strategies with a range of other specialists to build effective, and creative plans.
This person will report directly to, and work closely with the Executive Strategy Director to bring our clients’ brand voice, points of distinction, and creative assets to market. Moreover, this person is required to bring an analytical edge and a powerful suite of marketing technology solutions to provide clients with second-to-none business analyses.
- Involved with new business pitches involving media and analytics clients
- Responsible for team mentorship and departmental growth
- Prepare presentations and strategic recommendations for new and existing clients
- Develop integrated campaign strategies and customer journeys across digital and traditional accounts
- Lead strategic kickoff discussions regarding media channels and targeting
- Lead creative kickoffs for digital assets needed and manage any direction back to creative team
- Manage digital and traditional media supervisors
- Oversee billing process led by supervisors
- Manage strategic direction for “holistic” reporting for portfolio of clients
- Oversee data and business analysis efforts
- Work with specialized team members to develop dashboard outputs
- Analyze business data to excelerate campaign success and nurture client relationships
- Develop key process documents across media and analytics departments
- Oversee tracking integrations across channels
- Responsible for researching marketing technology that gives Planit a competitive advantage
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of media planning/buying experience, OR
- Master’s degree in business administration and 7 years of experience in the media field
- Thorough knowledge of traditional and digital media buying best practices
- Able to manage a team of digital media buying specialists (agency experience preferred)
- Understanding of common media research and planning tools/software (eTelmar, Strata, and SmartPlus are preferred)
- Able to flexibly manage complex processes in a fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to foster client, vendor, and
- Able to think beyond “media” and participate as a creative collaborator within an integrated agency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an eye for detail
- Understanding of the fundamental aspects of running a business, measuring profitability, creating reports, and providing accountability for team performance
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.