With guidance and support from the Media Supervisor, the Media Specialist serves as a media planner and buyer for all channels. These channels primarily include TV, radio, print, outdoor, OTT & digital audio. This person will own the strategic media process for select clients, which consists of developing, negotiating, executing, and monitoring paid media campaigns.
- Work with senior media team members to further develop strategic, integrated media campaigns.
- Collaborates with digital media, creative, social media, PR, and account teams to provide integrated, cross-channel media solutions.
- In addition to traditional media channels (TV, radio, print, outdoor), this position is also responsible for planning and negotiating advanced TV (OTT) and digital audio campaigns, including all necessary management, tracking, and digital reporting.
- Under the direction of the Media Supervisor, researches, negotiates, and executes effective media plans that cost-effectively deliver on client goals.
- Fosters positive relationships with media vendors by managing expectations through consistent communication, to drive strong negotiations and campaign performance
- Regularly monitors and tracks campaign performance and suggests optimizations as needed. Works with Analytics team to update dashboard and provide campaign analysis per client request.
- Manages billing and reconciliation for their owned media channels, and trains new media associates on the billing process
- Stays current on media trends and shares new opportunities with appropriate teams
- Leverage internal and external research tools to pull audience, competitive, market, and channel insights during planning
- Develops and maintains media flowcharts, authorizations, and production schedules/asset summaries
- Negotiates and contracts media buys, including added-value
- Organizes and maintains vendor contracts, audience and media research, historical documentation, and reports
- Works with client, creative, & account teams to issue creative assets to vendors & QA all tags and placements
- Works with vendors to ensure full delivery of ordered buys
- Manages post logs and incorporates results into client reports, based on varying client needs
- Reviews, approves, and processes media billing monthly
- Regularly reconciles budgets and performance, and promptly alerts account team of any issues
- Crafts well thought-out and researched POVs on client and agency opportunities
- 1-3 years working with traditional media (TV, radio, print, and outdoor)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Broad understanding of media projects, ad specifications and vendor requirements, preparing presentations and RFPs
- Able to flexibly manage complex processes in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mind with the ability to multitask and handle multiple campaigns
at a time
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster internal and external relationships
- Agency experience
- Exposure to OTT & digital audio (Pandora, podcasts, etc).
- Topline understanding of digital media KPIs, management, and reporting (relevant for cross-channel media plans and OTT/digital audio)
- Understanding of common media research and planning tools/software
- Strong presentation skills to foster client, vendor, and internal relationships
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.