PR & Social Media Manager
This role is part of a hybrid PR & social media team but is primarily focused on social media management. The PR & social media manager is a client-facing skilled tactician with experience managing social media communications that grow, promote and elevate brand visibility. This position develops, manages and executes social media plans, continually monitoring results and adjusting strategy as needed to optimize ROI. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter who possesses strong writing and analytical skills.
- Develops and implements strategic social media plans
- Handles community management, promptly responding to customer questions and proactively engaging in outgoing conversation for all social media accounts
- Develops engaging social content that adheres to best practices and pushes the envelope in new ways to drive engagement and deepen customer relationships
- Manages Creative team deliverables, ensuring all social creative aligns with brand guidelines and is optimized for each social channel
- Manages social listening, analytics and reporting, proactively providing insights and recommendations to optimize ROI
- Adheres to project budgets
- Social media management and monitoring
- Demonstrates knowledge of current news and industry landscape and on an ongoing basis
- Contributes to project and/or annual client planning documents
- Develops persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentation to client and agency decision-makers
TASKS MAY INCLUDE
- Crafts compelling content including press releases, pitches, blog posts, social media posts, polls, quizzes and more
- Client communication and presentations
- Prepares monthly and/or quarterly reports for social media clients, leveraging monitoring and management tools
- Delivers concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
- Makes strategic social media advertising recommendations, collaborating with paid media team
- Collaborates with creative services team to develop engaging content including video, text, still imagery, animation and more
- Closely watches and evaluates trends to drive our clients’ business forward
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-7 years experience managing social media accounts/campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, business, marketing, advertising, English, or other related field of study preferred
- Agency experience a plus
- Exceptional writing skills*
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must have a clear understanding of best practices for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter; experience with TikTok is a plus
- Must thrive working within a fast-paced, innovative environment with a strong ability to manage multiple deadlines and multi-task across campaigns & projects.
- Experience with Sprout Social, Facebook Ad Manager and Google Analytics a plus
- Experience in influencer marketing a plus
- Ability to work weekend and after-hours, as expected in the 24/7 social media news cycle; travel may be included
- This role is hybrid, with occasional client or internal meetings onsite with advance notice — must be willing to reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
*Applicants must include a writing sample in the same attachment with resume. Show us what you got!