Public Relations Supervisor
The PR Supervisor is responsible for developing and leading client PR plans and serving as the point of contact for strategic client direction. The PR Supervisor additionally manages the work of junior level team members and provides guidance and direction.
- Supervises the development of PR strategies that support the client’s business—demonstrating an understanding of their key issues, goals, competitive situation and industry trends.
- Earns and keeps each client’s respect and confidence as a trusted advisor, bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Develops and supervises the development of press materials, written content (blog posts, articles, etc.), organic social media editorial calendars and monthly content calendars, making strategic recommendations on creative and written content.
- Supervises and manages the agency’s day-to-day relationships with key PR client contacts.
- Makes strategic recommendations and plans that integrate PR activities into larger marketing campaigns to support business objectives and collaborate with other cross-functional departments.
- Supports the development of new business proposals.
- Leads client projects; successfully focuses the efforts of agency staff, so they are completed as proposed—on-time, within budget and with minimum disruption to daily activity of client or agency
- Anticipates potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the appropriate Account Director, Department Head and/or Agency Management in time for the agency to respond proactively
- Reviews all content for adherence to best practices, as well as brand voice and tone
- On projects, ensures thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Provides clear, thoroughly written direction to agency team members, and contributes to the development of strategic documents, presentations, pitch angles, bylines, press releases, etc.
- Develops and executes proactive media relations programming (launches, creative campaigns, media calendars, rapid response, etc.)
- Mentors and supports junior staff with an emphasis on employee growth and retention: effectively assigns, delegates, and monitors work
- Other duties as assigned
- Has reached a senior public relations level or above with 6-10+ years of experience
- 6+ years of experience within an advertising agency or comparable experience preferred
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal team relationships
- Must have proven experience in media relations (local & national), and have worked with commonly used software programs, including Google Suite, research & tracking tools (Cision), and agency presentation systems & equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both written* and verbal
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in influencer marketing a plus
- Ability to work occasionally after-hours, as expected in the 24/7 PR news cycle
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically during the work week (10% or less)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
*In completing our application, we require a PR writing sample.