Social Media Account Director
The Social Media Account Director is responsible for setting goals and is accountable for achieving results. The Social Media Account Director will set the tone for each account and team member who works on those accounts. A consummate thought leader and a valuable resource to clients and to Planit’s internal team, the Social Media Account Director is an effective relationship builder and catalyst for driving sustainable growth.
- Effectively lead and manage the agency’s relationships with assigned portfolio of clients
- Serve as a trusted social media advisor, both internally and externally, proposing strategically-sound recommendations that go beyond industry best practices to achieve client goals and objectives
- Collaborate with other agency disciplines to ensure we deliver channel-agnostic programs that speak with one integrated voice
- Consistently mine current best practices, industry trends, and competitive insights to surface new opportunities and new ways of thinking to contribute to overall agency and client success
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of industry best practices, including the latest advances in social listening, social media tools, social media analytics and reporting
- Maintain and grow client relationships while managing expectations and profitability
- Track client success and help create case studies that help Planit win new business
- Supervises staff as needed: sets goals, assigns work, and manages performance through ongoing coaching and counseling.
- Responsible for the management of organic social media strategy and content across all assigned client accounts, as well as the agency
- Contribute to new business development proposals and participate in pitches as needed
- Create and deliver clear, well thought-out, and professional social media strategies and recommendations, POVs, and reports in a variety of formats, including both written and oral presentations to client executive teams
- Manage the team’s usage of social media tools and recommend renewals/upgrades and new tools as appropriate
- Helps to facilitate hiring, managing, developing, and promoting team members
- Assist with additional department management tasks as assigned by direct supervisor/ department head
- Effective and efficient management of workload across account team and with awareness, consideration for impact across departments
- Participates in weekly departmental staff meetings
- Keeps department head and senior leadership team apprised of client work status and overall team dynamics/health
- Responsible for onboarding of new team members (delegating as appropriate)
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in social media and/or PR, communications, and strategic marketing, preferably within an agency setting
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, or related field
- Able to flexibly manage multiple accounts in a fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to think beyond the strategic discipline and participate as a creative collaborator within an integrated agency
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster client, industry, and internal relationships; proven media and influencer relationships preferred
- Excellent written*, verbal, and presentation skills
- Weekend and after-hours work as required to manage and respond to 24/7 social media requests
- Ability to travel domestically during the work week
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
*In completing our application, you must include a writing sample in the same attachment with your resume, for consideration.