Social Media Supervisor
The Social Media Supervisor is responsible for developing and executing social media strategy for our clients and serving as the point of contact for strategic client direction. The Social Media Supervisor additionally manages the work of junior level team members and provides guidance and direction.
The official title will be PR & Social Media Supervisor, as our team is a hybrid group of experts.
- Supervises the development of organic and paid social media strategies that support the client’s business—demonstrating an understanding of their key issues, goals, competitive situation and industry trends.
- Earns and keeps each client’s respect and confidence as a trusted advisor, bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Employs a range of thinking and decision-making approaches—“what if,” “end-in-mind,” “critical,” “trade-off,” and “judicious” approaches to issues and initiatives on a daily basis.
- May develop & supervise press materials, written content (blog posts, articles, etc.), organic social media editorial calendars and monthly content calendars, leads and negotiates influencer relations partnerships and makes strategic recommendations on creative and written content.
- Supervises and manages the agency’s day-to-day relationships with key social media client contacts.
- Makes strategic recommendations and plans that integrate social media activities into larger marketing campaigns to support business objectives and collaborate with other cross-functional departments.
- Supports the development of new business proposals, which include PR and social media services.
- Leads client projects; successfully focuses the efforts of agency staff, so they are completed as proposed—on-time, within budget and with minimum disruption to daily activity of client or agency
- Displays curiosity and a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
- Anticipates potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the appropriate Account Director, Department Head and/or Agency Management in time for the agency to respond proactively
- Works closely with the agency’s creative team to ensure social assets are strategic, optimized for the platform, aligned with best practices and impactful for the target audience(s). Works closely with other cross-functional departments to make strategic recommendations and plans to integrate social media into larger digital marketing campaigns.
- Reviews all content for adherence to best practices, as well as brand voice and tone
- On projects, ensures thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients reflective of the agency’s quality standards
- Demonstrates confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team
- Effectively presents the agency’s decisions, recommendations and creative product to a range of client audiences
- Provides clear, thoroughly written direction to agency team members, and contributes to the development of strategic documents, presentations, pitch angles, bylines, press releases, etc.
- Develops and executes proactive media relations programming (launches, creative campaigns, media calendars, rapid response, etc.)
- Oversees timelines and collaborates with creative and digital strategy teams to drive asset approval and delivery on a timely basis
- Mentors and supports junior staff with an emphasis on employee growth and retention: effectively assigns, delegates, and monitors work
- Other duties as assigned
- Has reached a senior public relations and/or social media/content strategy level or above with 6-10+ years of experience
- 6+ years of experience within an advertising agency or comparable experience preferred
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal team relationships
- Must have proven experience using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok, and have worked with commonly used social media platforms.
- Must have experience with MS & Google Suite, research & tracking tools, and agency presentation systems & equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both written* and verbal
- Proven experience building audience engagement
- Ability to make decisions that reflect a balance of enthusiasm, caution, and discretion
- Enthusiasm for technology and innovation
- Team builder with a collaborative, can-do attitude
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in influencer marketing a plus
- Ability to work weekend and after-hours, as expected in the 24/7 PR and social media news cycle
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically during the work week
- Strong knowledge of social media trends, using different platforms and creating engaging content and experiences
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.
*Applicants must include a social media writing sample in the same attachment with resume.