At Planit, we recently launched a Facebook contest that gives young marketing professionals the opportunity to compete for a coveted internship position with us during the fall semester.
We are looking for creative, motivated, and ambitious candidates who want to gain experience and valuable connections working in our fast-paced, innovative community. The positions, located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, will provide interns with the opportunity to develop important skillsets and gain vital experience in specific areas of expertise.
Planit's Ultimate Intern Search
If you’re not familiar with Planit, here’s a quick backgrounder on who we are and why Baltimore Magazine keeps naming us a Best Place to Work year after year: We are an agency that is hell-bent on doing whatever it takes to deliver breakthrough communications and bottom line–driven results for our clients. Whether that’s through digital media, non-digital media, PR, social, strategic planning, or the “next big thing”—if it isn’t both creative and smart, we’re not doing our job. That’s why clients including Under Armour, Marriott, New Horizons, McCormick, Def Jam, and Fila continue to trust us and that’s why Advertising Age recently named us the Southeast’s Small Agency of the Year.
At Planit, not only do we put out amazing work for our clients, but we take pride in our remarkable internship program. Interning Planiteers don’t just go on coffee runs or answer phones; they have the opportunity to be mentored by the region’s top creative minds including Graphic Designers, Public Relations Specialists, Social Media Strategists, UI Developers, and more. Planit’s interns play a critical part in the day-to-day success of the agency and are involved in everything from brainstorming to design to research.
To select the next group of fall interns, Planit’s Ultimate Intern Search invites young marketing students and professionals across Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C., to submit a 60-second video explaining why they’d be the Ultimate Planit intern. Four finalists will be chosen for a three-month internship this fall. There will also be a “People’s Choice” component where Facebook users can vote for their favorite entry; the person with the most votes will be awarded a fall internship.
We are looking for qualified interns to join various teams housed in our full-service integrated communications firm. Located in the heart of Baltimore City, we produce top-notch work in the areas of print and digital advertising, public relations, social media, web development, digital marketing and more. The positions available for the fall semester will include the following responsibilities within each separate discipline:
- Assist in building various marketing projects
- Assist in development of local, regional, and national marketing campaigns
- Interact with clients
- Develop a strong understanding of company’s products and services
- Perform market research
- Assist in writing draft proposals and copy
- Sit in on internal and client meetings
- Assist in various administrative tasks as needed
- Pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in appropriate field
- Flexible and adaptable enough to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Self-directed and able to prioritize and organize daily tasks to meet deadlines
- Possessing excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Knowledgeable in basic office software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- A penchant for creativity
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to “wear a lot of hats”
- Self-starter attitude