Planit seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Accounting team. The position reports to the Senior Accountant and will serve as liaison between accounting and Planit Productions (the broadcast and digital production team) for financial, administrative, and clerical support. This includes accounts payable processing, purchase order creation, vendor setup and maintenance and other general office duties. We need you to be highly organized, and detail and deadline-oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The right candidate is a team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable invoices for Planit Productions to ensure that transactions are processed accurately including coding to the appropriate job and general ledger accounts and ensuring vendors are paid timely.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies associated with the processing of invoices and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist Planit Productions with purchase order creation for expenditures .
- Assist Planit Productions with project expense reconciliations.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements for Planit Productions, pursue and resolve all discrepancies.
- Maintain and update vendor records which includes new vendor setup.
- Serve as liaison for office maintenance issues.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment and maintains levels of office supplies and other necessities.
- Aid in the coordination of overall administrative activities for the Operations department, which includes Finance and HR.
- Additional functions as assigned
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Verify transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions to purchase orders and job estimates.
- Processes talent and production-related invoices.
- Prepares and sends purchase orders and other paperwork to vendors.
- Reconciles corporate credit card monthly.
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries.
- Manages inventory needs for office supplies (includes lobby beverages).
- Assist with month end closing as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years accounts payable experience
- Able to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys collaborative environment
- Prior digital media, television and/or broadcast industry experience preferred
- PC proficient with Google or MS Suite experience
- Knowledge of Advantage office software and Quickbooks preferred
- Must be able to work office hours M-F 9am-5pm.
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT AN INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. AN EMPLOYER WHO VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING $100.